Choosing the right preschool matters! Give your child the
Jewish Right Start®
Studies have shown that the best way to create active and engaged Jewish adults is to introduce the joys of being Jewish at the very beginning of a child’s life. A Jewish early childhood experience can launch your child into a lifetime of Jewish engagement. Start your child on the right path by choosing a Jewish preschool. Jewish Right Start ® is providing up to $1,000 incentive grants to enable you to do so! Please see the eligibility requirements below.
Jewish Right Start® Eligibility Requirements
- Child must reside in Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey’s catchment area (Bergen County, parts of Hudson, Morris and Passaic Counties)
- Enrolled in a participating Jewish infant care, toddler care, or preschool for the first time.
- The child is a member of a family where at least one parent identifies as Jewish.
- The child is the first child in the family to attend a Jewish early childhood program.
- The child must be 3 years old or younger.
- This is the first time the child is being enrolled in a Jewish early childhood program.
- The child will be starting a program on or after September 1, 2019.
- ***Only one voucher per family may be redeemed.
List of Participating Schools:
- Closter – Temple Beth El Nursery School – Reform
- Fair Lawn – Temple Beth Sholom – Helen Troum Nursery School – Conservative
- Franklin Lakes – Barnert Temple Preschool and Family Center – Reform
- Glen Rock – Glen Rock Jewish Center Nursery School – Conservative
- Hoboken- United Synagogue of Hoboken Kaplan Cooperative Preschool– Conservative
- Tenafly – Kaplen JCC on the Palisades – Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School
- Tenafly – Temple Sinai Early Childhood Center – Reform
- Township of Washington – Jewish Community Center of Northern New Jersey Early Learning Center
- Wayne – Metro YMCA – The ABC Early Childhood Learning Center
- Woodcliff Lake – Temple Emanuel Early Childhood Center – Conservative
- Wyckoff – Temple Beth Rishon – Andrew Friedland Preschool – Independent
Fill out the application today!
Matching funding is provided by the national Jewish Right Start® program, an initiative of the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago, made possible through the generosity of an anonymous donor. For more information, please contact Elisa J. Hirsch, SLI Manager of Community Outreach and Engagement, at 201-820-3918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.